Parallel Computing Computers
Parallel computing is the science and art of programming computers that can do more than one operation at once, concurrently, during the same cycle, often via having more than one processor. Some parallel computers are just regular workstations that have more than one processor in them; others are giant single computers with many processors (these are generally referred to as supercomputers); and others are networks of individual computers. A network of computers configured to coordinate on computing problems is also called a cluster. Parallel computers can run some types of programs far faster than traditional single processor computers, often termed the von Neumann architecture.Information about supercomputers is located in Computers/Supercomputing.
Top: Computers: Parallel Computing
IEEE Distributed Systems Online - Articles, links to supercomputing centers, high performance computing journals, vendors, conferences, government agencies.
- Grid Computing Info Centre - An initiative to establish a global grid of computing power. parallel computing Links to conferences, development, and related information.
- Who Wrote the Book of Life? - NASA uses a parallel computer to classify new computers life forms.
- Cluster & Grid Computing - Programming projects, calls for papers, software, documentation, other computers resources. Chemnitz University of Technology, Germany.
- High Performance Cluster Computing Resources - Links to cluster management systems, environments, software, documents, parallel computing conferences, and teaching slides.
- Nan's Parallel Computing Page - Links to online books, tutorials, and research projects.
- The Grid: The Next-Gen Internet? - Discussion of the Grid.
- Clustet Computing Info Centre - Links to parallel computing resources.
- Internet Parallel Computing Archive - Links to information about parallel algorithms, computing environments parallel computing and tools, newsgroups, and general references.
- Vas's Parallel Computer Taxonomy - Discussions of past classification systems and development of a new one.
- HOISe - News on high performance computing from Europe. parallel computing Newsletters and conference calendar.
- Supercomputing and Parallel Computing Research Groups - Academic research groups and projects related to parallel parallel computing computing.
- IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems - Monthly peer-reviewed journal. Archives available to subscribers.
- Is Parallel Computing Dead? - Article about the future of the parallel computing industry.
- IJHSC - International Journal of High Speed Computing. Sample copy available, archives accessible to subscribers.
MySQL - Cache Direct