VLIW Processors Components Hardware
VLIW is an acronym for: Very Long Instruction Word. This processor architecture implements a type of instruction level parallelism; multiple words executed per processor cycle. Similar to superscalar methods and architectures, it uses several execution units (e.g. 2 multipliers), so processors can execute several instructions at once (e.g. 2 multiplications). It is well suited to problems that can be processed as Single Instruction, Multiple Data: SIMD.
Top: Computers: Hardware: Components: Processors: VLIW
- Top/Computers/Parallel Computing
- Embedded Computing: A VLIW Approach to Architecture, Compilers and Tools - By Joseph A. Fisher, Paolo Faraboschi, Cliff Young; components Morgan Kaufmann, vliw 2004, ISBN 1558607668. Technology is removing components the gap between embedded vliw and VLIW computing: high-performance components methods that seemed too costly for vliw embedded use components have become feasible and popul
- Very Long Instruction Word - Growing entry, with links to many related topics. processors [Wikipedia]
- Code-morphing: Fresh as a DAISY - On translating software between x86-based and VLIW processors, processors mainly IBM\'s components code-morphing chip similar to Transmeta's.
- VLIW Processors and Trace Scheduling - Descriptions, history, examples, references; in HTML, PDF, and components in: The vliw Computer Engineering Handbook, by Vojin Oklobdzija, components CRC Press, 2001, ISBN vliw 0849308852.
- VLIW at IBM Research - Very-Long Instruction Word architectures: an alternative way to processors organize processors. Instead of the trend toward hardware processors making complex decisions for scheduling machine-level instructions in processors programs, VLIW systems do scheduling at compile time.
MySQL - Cache Direct