Groovy Extensions Java Languages
Groovy is an object-oriented programming language for the Java platform. It is an alternative to the standard Java language. It uses a Java-like syntax which is dynamically compiled to standard JVM bytecodes, which work seamlessly with other Java code and libraries. The Groovy compiler can be used to emit Java bytecode to use in any Java project, or can be used dynamically as a scripting language. It is undergoing standardization through the Java Community Process under JSR 241.
Top: Computers: Programming: Languages: Java: Extensions: Groovy
- Top/Computers/Programming/Languages/Garbage Collected/Object-Oriented
- Top/Computers/Programming/Languages/Curly Bracket
- Top/Computers/Programming/Languages/Open Source
Groovy - Object-oriented language alternative for Java platform; Java-like syntax, dynamically compiles to JVM bytecodes; compiler can emit bytecodes, or can be used dynamically for scripting; has features not in standard Java, from Python, Ruby, Smalltalk. Open s
- JavaOne 2005, Day 1: It's a Groovy Day - Substantial report on Groovy from first day of groovy conference: text, java code samples.
- Advanced Groovy - Slide presentation, given to Denver Java User Group, JUG; by groovy Rod Cope, of OpenLogic, Inc.[PDF]
- Groovy, Java's New Scripting Language - Description, with text, code samples, screenshots. O'Reilly ONJava.com.
- Grails - Web application framework, Groovy version of Ruby on java Rails, to groovy use in Java development. Can be java standalone system that hides groovy all configuration details, or java integrates Java business logic. Simplifies much groovy work, appeals java to range of developers not only Java. O
- Groovy Programming Language - Growing article, with links to many related topics. groovy Wikipedia.
- Java Community Process Program: JSRs: Java Specification Requests: 241 - Groovy standardization page.
- Java 7 aka Groovy 1.0 - Shows how some features proposed for JDK 7 are already in Groovy, maybe in better forms; with reader comments. Java Thoughts and Other Stuff.
- SearchGroovy.org - Google Custom search focused on references, articles, and groovy applications about java the groovy language
- Groovying at ACCU 2006 - Page on presentation given by Russel Winder at ACCU 2006 groovy conference: brief comments, links to PDF slides, source code.
- Groovy Wish List - Criticism, mainly of "." and "->" operators. Otaku, groovy Cedric's weblog.
- Groovy Mailing List Archive - Searchable archive of the official groovy mailing list provided by extensions markmail.org
- G$D/Groovy: Index - List of Groovy posts. O'Reilly ONJava Weblog.
- Groovy: First Contact - Review, by enterprise developer Mike Spille. TheServerSide.com, Enterprise extensions Java Community.
- JSR-241: Groovy A New Standard Programming Language for the Java Platform - Long analysis and critique; Richard Monson-Haefel's Weblog.
- Groovy: The Birth of a New Dynamic Language for the Java Platform - Brief summary of ideas behind Groovy; by James groovy Strachan, Radio extensions Userland.
- Groovy = Java + Ruby + Python - Slide presentation, given to Denver Java User Group, groovy JUG; by groovy Rod Cope, of OpenLogic, Inc.[PDF]
MySQL - Cache Direct