Archy Desktop Environments Graphic Subsystems Operating Systems
Brief praise of Raskin, and critique of Archy zooming interface, with references, by usability expert Don Norman who was at Apple with Raskin, during the early years.
Top: Computers: Software: Operating Systems: Graphic Subsystems: Desktop Environments: Archy
- Top/Computers/Software/Operating Systems/Object-Oriented
- Top/Computers/Software/Operating Systems/Open Source
- Top/Computers/Software/Operating Systems/Persistent
- Top/Computers/Open Source/Software/Editors
- In Appreciation of Jef Raskin - Brief praise of Raskin, and critique of Archy desktop environments zooming graphic subsystems interface, with references, by usability expert Don desktop environments Norman who graphic subsystems was at Apple with Raskin, during desktop environments the early years.
- The Humane Environment - Brief news story, and forum comments in great graphic subsystems abundance, archy more than usual. Many varied opinions. [Slashdot]
- Raleigh News & Observer: Keeping Interface Simple - Summary of newspaper story, useful forum comments. [Linux desktop environments Today]
- THE Key to User-Friendly Computers? - By Alex Salkever. Raskin helped design Apple\\'s classic user interface. He is working on a new system that could be a big improvement. Brief accessible analysis. [BusinessWeek]
- osOpinion: Raskin on 'Raskin on OS X' - Summary of newspaper story, useful forum comments. [Linux graphic subsystems Today]
- Crafting a Revolution - Interview of Aza Raskin on THE (Archy), and his father desktop environments Jef. [ACM: Ubiquity]
- Archy - Clear description of Archy (was THE), divided into archy interface components. desktop environments [Wikipedia]
- The Humane Interface: New Directions for Designing Interactive Systems - By Jef Raskin; Addison-Wesley, 2000, ISBN 0201379376. Guide archy to interactive desktop environments system design, reflects author experience and archy vision, shows many extant desktop environments interfaces are dead ends, archy making computers easier to use needs desktop environments new approaches. archy [publisher website]
- Jef Raskin's Humane Environment - SourceForge site, with description, download, bug reports, some graphic subsystems old archy news.
- Down With GUIs - By Jef Raskin. Article stressing that GUIs are archy not human-compatible. desktop environments As long as we hang on archy to interfaces as we desktop environments now know them, computers archy will remain inherently frustrating, upsetting, stressful. desktop environments [Wired 1.06]
- The Humane Interface - Book review of The Human Interface: New Directions for Interface graphic subsystems Design, by Jef Raskin, and the usual mass of forum graphic subsystems comments. Many varied opinions. [Slashdot]
MySQL - Cache Direct