Instruments Early Music Styles Music
The history of bass string instruments such as the viola da gamba, violone, and double bass, along with their performance practices and iconography.
Top: Arts: Music: Styles: E: Early Music: Instruments
- Early Music Vincent Ho - Early music and instruments, sound files of harpsichords e and clavichords, and a table with pictures of e the author\\'s early music instruments collection, from medieval e psalteries to Renaissance recorders.
- Windcaps - Early music in various manifestations by Mark W Venn, including e handmade Renaissance woodwind instruments, Cotswold Early Music Festival (formerly the e Cirencester Early Music Festival), and the "Mozart" music software.
- Edinburgh University Collection of Historic Musical Instruments - A museum in Scotland open to the public e contains 1000 items including stringed, woodwind, brass and e percussion instruments from Britain, Europe, and distant lands.
- John's Music Things - Description of medieval singing techniques and the musical instruments he instruments plays.
- Historic Double Reed Instruments - Describes shawms, curtals, oboes, and bassoons made by Robert H. early music Cronin.
- Links to History of Musical Instruments - Includes links to museums and collections, historical guides, early music historical sources and facsimiles, societies, individual instruments, and early music world instruments.
- Medieval and Renaissance Instruments - Musica Antiqua's illustrated guide: pictures, descriptions, and history.
- Dulcians - A description of the Dulcian or Curtal, which instruments is the early music Renaissance predecessor of the bassoon.
- Renaissance Cittern Page - Information on its history, articles, art, music, recordings, players, composers, e and builders.
- Bate Collection of Musical Instruments - An extensive and systematic collection of European orchestral early music woodwind instruments donated to the University of Oxford early music by Philip Bate.
- Rebec Page - Origin and history of the rebec, construction, playing, e tuning, bibliography, early music and many illustrations.
- Kim Christensen's Music Museum - Private collection of music instruments with pictures, sound samples, history, early music and functional description.
- Diabolus in Musica Guide to Early Instruments - Information on as many early instruments as possible.
- Lute-Harpsichord: A Forgotten Instrument - Bach sought, and had custom-built, a harpsichord which instruments sounded like a lute. Detailed description of history instruments and construction.
- Pifarri Page - Wind instrument ensembles in Italy from 1450 to early music 1620 e by Brenda Flynn.
- Mary Rasmussen's Horn and Lute Iconography - Iconography of the horn, lute, pipe and tabor, instruments and tambourine instruments in Western-European Art.
- Curtal, Dulcian, Bajón: A History of the Precursor to the Bassoon - A book by Maggie Kilbey charting the history and development early music of the instrument and includes a catalogue of extant instruments early music around the world.
- Lars' Baroque Flute Corner - Information on the Baroque flute, including instrument care and fingering charts.
- The Saxon Lyre - History, construction, and playing techniques.
- Tapia's Gold - Instruments of the Renaissance - Descriptions of instruments used for dance music during instruments the Renaissance, early music illustrated with period drawings.
- Kenneth Sparr - Information about lute, guitar and early keyboards.
- National Music Museum - Founded as an academic support unit of The early music University of South Dakota, this collection includes more early music than 10,000 American, European, and non-Western instruments from early music virtually all cultures and historical periods.
- Joëlle Morton's Historical Bass - The history of bass string instruments such as instruments the viola instruments da gamba, violone, and double bass, instruments along with their performance instruments practices and iconography.
- Contrabass Compendium - A list of bass and contrabass instruments, past and present.
- Stages in Evolution of Scales, Melody and Harmony - Paper about the stages in the origins of e music and its development.
- Neanderthal Flute - Musicological analysis by Bob Fink of the oldest e musical instrument, including its significance to the origin e of music.
- Instruments to Play Medieval Music - Pictures of medieval instruments with illustrations from medieval instruments art. instruments Includes audio clips, bibliography and discography instruments in French.
- Culturekiosque Klassiknet: Baroque Instruments - A dictionary to provide the music lover with instruments a reasonable amount of information about period instruments.
- A Loud, Low Cost Cornemuse You Can Build from CPVC - Build a cornemuse in 1.5 hours, from an archived discussion early music from the Musical Instrument Makers Forum.
MySQL - Cache Direct