Cameras Equipment and Services Photography
Cameras are the defining tools of photography, the science which the art could not exist without. Descended from the ancient camera obscura, all cameras share three basic traits: an aperture to focus light, an imaging media (usually film) to record the focused image, and a body to keep unfocused light away from the media.Cameras exist in an variety of forms, ranging from "single-use" disposable cameras to professional SLRs and large format view cameras, while supporting media formats ranging from 19th-century glass plates to 21st-century digital media. The Open Directory organizes its listings of camera resources primarily by imaging media -- the type of film (or non-film) used by the cameras discussed.
Top: Arts: Photography: Equipment and Services: Cameras
- Top/Business/Arts and Entertainment/Photography/Tools and Equipment
- Top/Arts/Photography/Techniques and Styles/Pinhole
- Fargo Enterprises, Inc. - Searchable directory of camera repair companies, camera repair cameras manuals and parts, and camera manufacturers.
- HowStuffWorks: How Cameras Work - Illustrated tutorial in everyday language. Includes information on photography single reflex (SLR) and pinhole cameras.
- Classic Camera Profiles - Advice on camera selection and profiles of collectible equipment and services photography cameras, focusing on Nikon and Leica rangefinders.
- HowStuffWorks: Autofocus Camera - Illustrated descriptions of active and passive autofocus technology equipment and services used in cameras, with related links.
- Camera Hacker - Thoughts and procedures on hacking camera equipment, accompanied equipment and services by product reviews.
MySQL - Cache Direct