Fortress Languages Programming
Fortress is a draft specification for a new programming language currently developed by Sun Microsystems. It is intended to be a successor to Fortran in areas such as numerical methods and scientific computing, although it is not based on Fortran in any way. It is inspired by various modern object-oriented and functional languages such as Java,NextGen, Scala, Eiffel, Self, Standard ML, Objective Caml, Haskell, and Scheme.
Top: Computers: Programming: Languages: Fortress
- The Soul of a New Programming Language - Article on Guy Steele, chief architect of Sun\\'s new Fortress language, part of a larger Sun Labs effort to create a design for the supercomputer of the future. Contrarian Minds Archive.
- Fortress: The Successor to Fortran? - Short summary, large discussion. [Slashdot.org]
- The Fortress Language Specification Version 0.707 - Very detailed description of language; about 150 pages.[PDF]
- The Fortress Language Spec v0.618 - Weblog entry and discussion about this older version programming of the spec.
- Fortress Programming Language - Growing article, with links to many related topics, references. Wikipedia.
MySQL - Cache Direct