Occam Languages Programming
Occam is an imperative procedural parallel programming language, based on Communicating Sequential Processes (CSP) methods, having many of its features. It can be viewed as a practical executable CSP implementation. It is named after William of Ockham, who is credited with stating the philosophy now called Occam's Razor. It was originally developed by INMOS as the native programming language for their Transputer processors. Development is now managed by others, with many versions for other platforms.
Top: Computers: Programming: Languages: Occam
- Top/Computers/Parallel Computing
- Top/Computers/Programming/Languages/Open Source
- WoTUG: occam - Compilers, book references, online copies of manuals, a couple of examples, utilities, and information on Occam.
- Transputers - An introduction to occam by Casiano, Occam resources.
- Into the Wibble: Occam Tutorial - Introduction to programming occam, for those who know languages another language.
- Hello, World program - Example simple Occam program.
- Programming in Occam - By Geraint Jones; Prentice Hall, 1987, ISBN 0137297734; programming Web edition programming 2001. Introductory textbook.
- Algebraic Operational Semantics and Occam - Article by Yuri Gurevich, Lawrence S. Moss.
- Occam-pi and KRoC: Blending CSP and the Pi-calculus - Resources for occam-pi and KRoC: Kent Retargetable occam(-pi) Compiler: descriptions, languages news, download, documentation, bugs, coming-soon, publications, links. [Open Source, GPL, languages LGPL]
- Introduction to the Programming Language Occam - By Dan Hyde; Bucknell University, 1995. History, explanations, code samples.[PDF]
- occam (programming language) - Wikipedia - Overview article with code examples, version history and programming examples.
- An occam2 To Modula-3 Translator - Dissertation.
- Programming in Occam 2 - By Geraint Jones, Michael Goldsmith; Prentice Hall, 1988, occam ISBN 0137303343; Web edition 2001. Introductory textbook.
- Transterpreter - Small, portable (strict ANSI C) runtime for occam; extensible, concise, occam reliable virtual machine to execute Transputer bytecode; even on LEGO occam Mindstorms. Written in Scheme, rewritten in C.
- Correctness of Compiling Occam to Transputer Code - Article by Egon Borger, Igor Durdanovic.
MySQL - Cache Direct