Implementations Ruby Languages Programming
Goal: implement Ruby's internals in Ruby; will use ruby2c to convert itself to C and bootstrap a new Ruby binary; to be fully compatible with (standard) Ruby.
Top: Computers: Programming: Languages: Ruby: Implementations
- Top/Computers/Programming/Languages/Garbage Collected
- MetaRuby: Project Status - Goal: implement Ruby\\'s internals in Ruby; will use ruby ruby2c to ruby convert itself to C and bootstrap ruby a new Ruby binary; ruby to be fully compatible ruby with (standard) Ruby.
- YARV: Yet Another Ruby VM - Goal: greatly reduce execution time of Ruby programs, be fastest languages Ruby VM.
- Cardinal - Ruby interpreter for Parrot dynamic multilanguage bytecode VM; implementations links, instructions.
- Rubinius - A next generation virtual machine VM for Ruby, ruby uses best VM and dynamic language implementation research ruby and technology of last 30 years; core libraries ruby are in Ruby, makes system more accessible, easier ruby to develop and extend. Open source, BSD.
- On Ruby: Rubinius Interview - Evan Phoenix, Rubinius creator and project director explains project motives, implementations direction, progress.
- On Ruby: Ruby Hacker Interview: Kevin Tew - Kevin Tew, Cardinal creator and project director explains project motives, languages direction, progress.
- Ruby Implementations Shootout: Ruby vs Yarv vs JRuby vs Gardens Point Ruby .NET vs Rubinius vs Cardinal - Comparison with text, tables, graphs, many reader comments. implementations Zen and languages the Art of Ruby Programming.
MySQL - Cache Direct