Snobol Languages Programming
SNOBOL is an acronym for: StriNg-Oriented symBOlic Language. Related acronyms and implementations: FASBOL (SNOBOL compiler), MAINBOL, SITBOL, SNOBOL2, SNOBOL3, SNOBOL4, SPITBOL (SPeedy ImplemenTation of snoBOL), Vanilla. SNOBOL had simple control structures, except for string matching abilities and power similar to regular expressions. These are the sorts of jobs now usually done via Perl.
Top: Computers: Programming: Languages: Snobol
- SNOBOL4 and SPITBOL Information - Catspaw Inc's SNOBOL site.
- Macro Implementation of SNOBOL4 in C - A port of Macro SNOBOL4 (The original Bell Telephone Labs languages implementation, written in SIL macros) for machines with 32-bit languages (or larger) pointers. Supports full SNOBOL4 language plus SPITBOL and languages other extensions.
- SNOBOL4 Resources - Information and links about SNOBOL4.
- SNOBOL Language Web Page - Introduction to SNOBOL Programming Language.
- SNOBOL4+ user notes - Information for people having documentation for the Vanilla SNOBOL programming language and wishing to use SNOBOL4+. By Michael Davis.
MySQL - Cache Direct