Plan 9 Distributed Network Operating Systems
Plan 9 is an operating system (OS) with some new perspectives and features from the original developers of Unix, who worked at AT&T Bell Labs, and then Lucent Technologies. It continues the main Unix ideas and takes them to their logical conclusions. It has been fully open source since the 4th Edition release.
Top: Computers: Software: Operating Systems: Network: Distributed: Plan 9
- Top/Computers/Software/Operating Systems/Network/Open Source
- Top/Computers/Software/Operating Systems/Research
- Top/Computers/Software/Operating Systems/Realtime
- Top/Computers/Software/Operating Systems/Open Source
- Top/Computers/Software/Operating Systems/Monolithic/Hybrid
- Top/Computers/Software/Operating Systems/POSIX/Open Source
Plan 9 from Bell Labs - A research operating system for distributed environments developed at Bell Labs by the team that created C and Unix.
Plan 9 from User Space - A port of many Plan 9 programs from their native Plan 9 environment to Unix-like operating systems.
- Acme Stand Alone Complex - Acme is a programmer\'s editor, shell, and user distributed interface.
- Plan 9: The Way the Future Was - Essay compares Plan 9 to Unix, parts of distributed Plan 9 plan 9 being implemented in Unix. From Eric distributed S. Raymond\'s book The plan 9 Art of Unix Programming.
- C Programming in Plan 9 from Bell Labs - An introduction to writing C programs in the network Plan 9 network environment by Pietro Gagliardi.
- International Workshops for Plan 9 and Inferno Unofficial Homepage - Information about the Plan 9 and Inferno workshops, distributed including proceedings, distributed video and audio recordings, and other distributed resources.
- NineTimes - News, tips and articles about Plan 9 and network Inferno.
- Contrib Index - Index of software packages part of the \\'Contrib\\' directory in distributed the Bell Labs Sources repository.
- Plan 9 2nd Edition ReadMe by Brian W. Kernighan - General introduction to the system.
- Reinventing Unix: An Introduction to the Plan 9 Operating System - Technical paper abstract; link to main article, fee distributed needed. Library plan 9 Hi Tech; Emerald Group.
- Second International Workshop on Plan 9 - A workshop for researchers and developers working on plan 9 Plan network 9 from Bell Labs, Inferno, and related plan 9 ideas and network projects.
- 9grid.es - Plan 9 resources, sources mirror, documentation and public plan 9 accounts.
- The 9term Terminal Emulator - X terminal emulator that mimics the Plan 9 terminal.
- IWP9 2006 - First International Workshop for Plan 9 and Inferno.
- Vita Nuova Holdings Ltd. - Lead distributor for Plan 9 and Inferno OSs.
- 9vx - A port of the Plan 9 kernel to network run as plan 9 a user space program using the network vx32 sandboxing library in plan 9 *BSD, Linux, and OS network X systems.
- Plan 9 and Inferno at the Google Summer of Code - News, blogs, source code repositories and other resources for the distributed Plan 9 and Inferno projects part of GSoC.
- Upas - A Simpler Approach to Metwork Mail - Essay on the mail interface system by David L. Presotto. network Available in PDF and PostScript format.
- Bell Labs Innovations: Bell Labs Unveils Open Source Release of Plan 9 Operating System - The official press release.
- Plan 9 from Bell Labs - Wikipedia article about Plan 9.
- Geeks404.com: Plan 9 from Bell - News coverage of the Open Source release of the third distributed edition of Plan 9.
- Tokyo Inferno/Plan 9 Users Group - Offers free accounts on public Plan 9 servers, distributed documentation (some in Japanese), mirrors of Plan 9 distributed software, and other resources.
- Plan 9 at the Advanced Computing Laboratory - Documentation, tips, various software packages including ports of Unix software, network and extra drivers for 3rd Edition.
MySQL - Cache Direct