Distributed Network Operating Systems Software
Details active project to illustrate use of MOSIX to create clusters of surplus machines that can be used to provide network services, application resources.
Top: Computers: Software: Operating Systems: Network: Distributed
- Top/Computers/Software/Operating Systems/Linux/Hardware Support/High Availability
- Top/Computers/Software/Operating Systems/Object-Oriented
- Top/Computers/Software/Operating Systems/Submicrokernel
- Top/Computers/Computer Science/Distributed Computing
- Top/Computers/Software/Operating Systems/Research
- Top/Computers/Software/Operating Systems/Microkernel
- Top/Computers/Software/Operating Systems/Parallel
- AtomsNet - Modular object-oriented application to index files across networks. Has plug-in operating systems type data retrieval system, webserver, peer-to-peer connections for network-wide information operating systems gathering, retrieval; has features of OSs, database management systems, distribute
- The Brave New OS of the Future - Brief, simple layman\\'s treatment of Carnegie Mellon University Odyssey project; IBM Research\'s Autonomic Computing initiative; Microsoft Farsite project. [CNN.com]
- Institute for Distributed Systems: IVS - Researches distributed and realtime operating systems, communication, software engineering. Part distributed of Department of Computer Science, Otto-von-Guericke-University of Magdeburg, Germany. English, distributed Deutsch.
- WebOS - Gives distributed OS services needed to build applications network that are network wide-area, highly available, incrementally scalable, dynamically network reconfiguring, with mechanisms for: network resource discovery, global namespace, network remote process execution, resource management, a
- AgentOS: Agent-based Distributed Operating System for Mobile Networks - Agent-based communication models show great promise to operate in unpredictable, metamorphic environments, such as mobile computing networks. Excellent basic explanations, clear arguments, well reasoned; from Crossroads, ACM student magazine.
- Tornado - Object-oriented operating system for large-scale shared-memory multiprocessors. Minimizes distributed data sharing via careful design: often eliminates data distributed sharing even when sharing appears natural. Successor to distributed Hurricane.
- XOS - Distributed operating system, to be fully object-oriented, preemptively network multithreaded/tasked, event/message-driven. network Little code yet, but design documents network and links are interesting, network useful reading.
- Plan B Operating System - An operating system that lets applications be built operating systems simpler. operating systems The system selects and combines resources from operating systems the network operating systems semi-automatically.
- AgentOS - Mobile agent system for ubiquitous computing; new way operating systems to distributed cope with the wide-area, large-scale ubiquitous computing operating systems environment of distributed near future. Allows access to personal operating systems and collaborative computing distributed services anywhere, via varied desktop operating systems and mobile computing
- V Operating System - Growing article, with links to many related topics. Wikipedia.
- Quarks - Simple, yet efficient distributed shared memory (DSM) system; network a user-level operating systems library plus header files supports DSM network on groups of Unix operating systems workstations. Runs on 4.3BSD/M68k, network HP-UX/PA-RISC, IRIX 5.2/MIPS, SunOS 4.1/SPARC. [Open operating systems Source, public network domain]
- GLUnix - Global Layer Unix; technology trends in high-speed, low-latency network LANs suggest distributed convergence of hardware in Massively Parallel network Processors, MPPs, and Networks distributed of Workstations, NOWs. Relative network to many MPPs, NOWs offer more distributed cost-effectiveness and network scalability, and
- MOSIX - Software package to enhance Unix kernels (7 so far) and Linux with cluster computing abilities. Lets any size cluster of x86-based workstations and servers work cooperatively as if part of one system. [Open Source, GPL]
- The V Distributed System - Research OS for a cluster of computer workstations network connected by fast network; structured as a small network distributed kernel, and set of service modules, runtime network libraries, and commands. Stanford University.[PDF]
- SUMO - Support for Multimedia in Operating systems, Lancaster University: distributed microkernel OS with facilities to support distributed realtime distributed and multimedia applications and ODP-based multimedia distributed application distributed platforms.
- MOSIX Clusters of Surplus Computers for Providing Common Network Services and Applications - Details active project to illustrate use of MOSIX to create operating systems clusters of surplus machines that can be used to provide operating systems network services, application resources.
- Hurricane - hierarchically clustered OS implemented on Hector multiprocessor; manages operating systems system distributed resources in clusters, using tight coupling within operating systems clusters, loose distributed coupling across clusters. Succeeded by Tornado.
- MIT LCS PDOS - Parallel and Distributed Operating Systems Group; research focus: network extensible and network flexible system services: filesystems, networking, languages. network Projects: \\'C, Chord, Click, network Exokernel (Exopc), Grid, Prolac, network RON, and SFS. Funding: DARPA, NSF; network AT&T, IBM, network I
- E1 - A distributed operating system based on the concepts network of object operating systems replication, component model support and persistence. network It consists of a operating systems L4 microkernel and a network set of distributed objects acting at operating systems the user network level. [Open source]
- Sprite - Distributed OS gives one system image to/over a networked cluster of workstations, research project, Berkeley, John Outerhoust group; high file system performance via client and server caching, process migration to use idle machines; testbed for research
MySQL - Cache Direct