Microkernel Operating Systems Software
New microkernel operating system for x86 computers, many features: network and Internet modules, file system (FAT); kernel handles memory, tasks, micro kernels, and some base devices: keyboard, video, hdd, and ramdrive.
Top: Computers: Software: Operating Systems: Microkernel
- Top/Computers/Software/Operating Systems/Monolithic
- Top/Computers/Software/Operating Systems/Object-Oriented
- Top/Computers/Software/Operating Systems/Research
- Top/Computers/Software/Operating Systems/Realtime
- Topsy - Teachable Operating System: tiny multithreaded messaging microkernel, in software ANSI C; protected threads, memory managed, and thread/process software control. From undergraduate course on concurrency, device programming, software OS concepts. Descriptions, documents, theses, dow
- ShagOS - Portable object-oriented microkernel OS, dynamically loaded device drivers, software fully redesigned and rewritten many times in C++, software runs on VAX, x86. Ongoing experiment in using software O-O paradigm as framework for full OS, with software distributed computing as main aspect in
- The MicroEmpix Fan Site - One user microkernel (nearer an exokernel), very small, microkernel version of software Empix Unix-like OS developed at the microkernel Computing Systems Laboratory, National software Technical University of Athens.
- K42 - Growing article, with links to many related topics. Wikipedia.
- SUMO - SUpport for Multimedia in Operating systems, Lancaster University: microkernel OS with facilities to support distributed realtime and multimedia applications and ODP-based multimedia distributed application platforms.
- Microkernel - Growing article, with links to many related topics. software Wikipedia.
- The Open Group: Advanced Research - Page listing several research projects: microkernel OSs (MK7, software MK++, AD3) microkernel and other modules (CONVERSANT, CORDS, GIPC, software SHAWS).
- Sartoris Microkernel Tutorial - Explains about making a policy-free microkernel; multipart series.
- Cosy - Goal: scalability of highly parallel multicomputer systems. Based microkernel on small microkernel that does process management, interprocess microkernel communication; all other services are processes out of microkernel kernel. Processes and address spaces orthogonal, so Cosy microkernel process is li
- BugOS - New microkernel operating system for x86 computers, many operating systems features: microkernel network and Internet modules, file system (FAT); operating systems kernel handles microkernel memory, tasks, micro kernels, and some operating systems base devices: keyboard, microkernel video, hdd, and ramdrive.
MySQL - Cache Direct