Submicrokernel Operating Systems Software
Makes µnOS: 72k microkernel on 8k nanokernel client/server architecture based on OOP framework, symmetric multithreading, multitasking, priority based scheduling, fully interruptible, separated address spaces, and full memory protection. Free download.
Top: Computers: Software: Operating Systems: Submicrokernel
- Top/Computers/Software/Operating Systems/Extensible
- Top/Computers/Software/Operating Systems/Open Source
- Top/Computers/Software/Operating Systems/Research
- Top/Computers/Software/Operating Systems/Capability
- Top/Computers/Programming/Languages/Language-OS Hybrids
- Top/Computers/Software/Operating Systems/Microkernel
- dr'ex - Exokernel written in C/asm for the x86 architecture. software Released under submicrokernel GPL.
- Exokernel - Growing article, with links to many related topics. software Wikipedia.
- Miranda: SourceForge - Downloads, announcements, and a forum. Programming languages: Assembly, submicrokernel C, and submicrokernel C++.
- MIT Exokernel OS - Puts applications in control, runs 10x or more software faster. Exopc and XOK versions run on x86 software PCs. ExOS library gives user-level extensible implementation of software Unix OS, so most applications compile and run software with no change. Download. [Open Source, MIT]
- Miranda - Planned features: Exokernel architecture, object-oriented, POSIX compliant, intuitive submicrokernel GUI, and submicrokernel best technologies: journaled main filesystems, LibOS submicrokernel modular library. Development documentation. submicrokernel [Open Source, LGPL]
- dr'ex: SourceForge - Information, news, forum, CVS, downloads. [Open Source, GPL]
- Nanokernel - Growing article, with links to many related topics. Wikipedia.
- Exokernel: An Operating System Architecture for Application-Level Resource Management - Traditional OSs limit application performance, flexibility, functionality by operating systems fixing interfaces and implementations of OS abstractions such operating systems as interprocess communication and virtual memory. Exokernel address operating systems this via application-level management of physica
- miray Software - Makes µnOS: 72k microkernel on 8k nanokernel client/server software architecture based submicrokernel on OOP framework, symmetric multithreading, multitasking, software priority based scheduling, fully submicrokernel interruptible, separated address spaces, software and full memory protection. Free download.
- Elysium - Main idea: enforce no abstractions, rather, have them as options, to all levels of system: hardware, kernel and file services, ways users interact with system; based on exo principles. Descriptions, news. [Open Source]
MySQL - Cache Direct