Single Address Space Operating Systems Software
Where stale pointers make it hard to re-use addresses, some have claimed that a 64-bit address space is so big that there is no need to ever re-use addresses. Results of kernel-level tracing of department workstations.
Top: Computers: Software: Operating Systems: Single Address Space
- Top/Computers/Software/Operating Systems/Persistent
- Top/Computers/Software/Operating Systems/Research
- Opal - Exploring a new OS structure, tuned to the single address space needs of complex applications (eg, CAD/CAM) where a single address space number of cooperating programs manipulate a large shared single address space persistent database of objects.
- Torsion - Multitasking SASOS with transparent data persistence: users and application programmers operating systems need not know or care that system memory is transient operating systems and must be written to disk to persist across reboots, operating systems all details done by OS, so once data is made, operating systems it exists un
- The Expected Lifetime of Single Address Space Operating Systems - Where stale pointers make it hard to re-use operating systems addresses, software some have claimed that a 64-bit address operating systems space is software so big that there is no operating systems need to ever software re-use addresses. Results of operating systems kernel-level tracing of department software workstations.[PDF]
- SASOS and Sombrero Project - SASOS research, and the Sombrero OS, at Arizona State University.
- Bibliography of Single Address Space OSs and Related Articles - Part of Computer Science Bibliography Collection of Alf-Christian Achilles.
- Mungi - Orthogonally persistent, capability-based secure SASOS using L4 2nd generation microkernel. operating systems Goals: Prove SASOSs can run on normal hardware, be as operating systems secure as normal OSs; can be as efficient as, and operating systems are faster than, normal OSs in some important uses; can operating systems be
- Single Address Space Operating Systems Archive, Dartmouth - Mail lists, projects, biographies (BibTeX, HTML long, HTML sans abstracts), operating systems a few links to other SASOS sites.
- ResearchIndex: Architectural Support for Single Address Space Operating Systems - From Proceedings of the International Conference on Architectural software Support for Programming Languages and Operating Systems, Boston, software USA, October 1992.
MySQL - Cache Direct