Self Smalltalk Languages Programming
Extension to the delegation and prototype-based object-oriented language Self, adds distributed objects and transparent remote reference resolution to the languages, so it facilitates distributed inheritance and instantiation mechanisms.
Top: Computers: Programming: Languages: Smalltalk: Self
- Top/Computers/Software/Operating Systems/Extensible
- Top/Computers/Programming/Languages/Language-OS Hybrids
- Top/Computers/Software/Operating Systems/Reflective
- Top/Computers/Software/Operating Systems/Research
- Top/Computers/Programming/Languages/Comparison and Review
- Top/Computers/Software/Operating Systems/Object-Oriented
- Top/Computers/Programming/Languages/Garbage Collected/Object-Oriented
Self - Project home, for this simpler Smalltalk, at Sun Microsystems Labs. Has newest public release, papers on Self, OO, and prototype programming, tutorial, education resources, mail list archive, links.
- Guru: SourceForge - Project page: downloads, forums, statistics.
- Slate - Language-OS based on CLOS, Self, Smalltalk; Smalltalk syntax; smalltalk libraries inspired by Common Lisp, Dylan, Strongtalk (strong smalltalk typing). Descriptions, programming manual, tutorials, summaries, bulletin board smalltalk Swiki, CVS. [Open Source, LGPL]
- Guru - Tool for automatic restructuring (refactoring) of Self inheritance hierarchies. Such self tools are most useful with OO languages, more so prototype-based. self Brief description, example diagram, links. [Open Source, GPL]
- dSelf: A Distributed Self - Extension to delegation and prototype-based object-oriented language Self: adds distributed languages objects, transparent remote reference resolution, thus facilitating distributed inheritance and languages instantiation mechanisms. [ResearchIndex]
- dSelf - Extension to the delegation and prototype-based object-oriented language Self, adds distributed objects and transparent remote reference resolution to the languages, so it facilitates distributed inheritance and instantiation mechanisms.
- Self on Linux - Port of Self language from SunOS to i386+ PCs: Linux, self and Smalltalk/V for Windows 2.0; descriptions, downloads, links. [Open Source, self GPL]
- Yahoo Groups: Self-interest - Mail list and archive for discussing Self programming smalltalk language.
- The Slate Programming Language - Brief article related to developers, announcements, and programming; languages many forum smalltalk comments. [Slashdot]
- Cetus Links: Self - Large set of object-oriented links.
- Hello, World program - Self
- OpenSelf - Implementation of Self language: project CVS page.
- Merlintec Computadores Ltda: Merlin Computers - Brazilian firm founded to advance Self language, Self-R smalltalk OS, and computers using Self. News, company information, smalltalk products, technology. Sponsors of SelFest 2000, São Carlos, smalltalk Brazil. English, Português.
MySQL - Cache Direct