x Shell Uni Operating Systems Software
Shells are interactive, programmable command interpreters for Unix and GNU-Linux operating systems (OSs). They have text-only interfaces, have some of the properties of programming languages, and are often used for remote access to systems through telnet or SSH client programs.
Top: Computers: Software: Operating Systems: Unix: Shell
- Top/Computers/Software/Operating Systems/x86/DOS/Programming/Languages/Batch
- Top/Computers/Internet/Access Providers/Unix Shell Providers
- Top/Computers/Software/Operating Systems/Unix/Software
- Top/Computers/Software/Operating Systems/Unix/Software/Screen
- Rc, the Plan 9 Shell - A command interpreter for the Plan 9 OS. The article operating systems contrasts rc with the Bourne shell, the closest Unix equivalent.
- Dotfile Generator - Program to automatically build configuration files for BASH and C unix shells.
- Psh Development Home - Development page for psh, a native perl shell for Windows 95/98/2000 and POSIX operating systems. Documentation and mailing list archives available online, with source and binaries available for download.
- Scsh - Scheme Shell, broad-spectrum system programming environment for Unix, shell embedded in shell R5RS Scheme 48. Supports concurrent system shell programming, sophisticated I/O and shell automatic garbage collection for shell process resources.
- JSH Resources - Jsh advocacy page; hosts documentation, binaries and source shell for jsh, operating systems an OS independent shell with native shell Java support.
- Korn Shell Home - Korn shell resources and documentation with multiple versions unix available for shell download.
- Jsh Development Home - Development page for jsh, an OS independent shell operating systems with operating systems native Java support. Links to download source operating systems and binaries.
- Cygwin - Windows ports of many of the popular GNU software tools, shell including the BASH and tcsh shells.
- Softpanorama Open Source University - Open content tutotials and other information on bash, shell ksh, and zsh.
- Commandline Culture Shock - Advocate essay and guide for new shell users.
- New Adventure Shell - Script written in ksh/bash/zsh which causes the user\\'s unix shell to act like a text adventure game.
- GNV - A Unix environment for the VMS operating system, operating systems including shell a port of the bash shell.
- MacShell - Unix-like command line interface for the Macintosh, modeled on csh.
- HTML Shell - A platform for embedding Unix shell commands and operating systems complete shell shell scripts into a webpage.
- VCL - Boston Business Computing's VCL page.
- Win32 ZSH - Z Shell ported to Windows 95/98/NT.
- pdksh - Public domain Korn shell. Manuals and links to download it.
- Hamilton C shell Product Overview - Hamilton C shell recreates the original UNIX C shell and shell utilities completely from scratch on Windows NT, Windows 95 and shell OS/2, adding numerous enhancements.
- MKS Toolkit - Ksh and Csh for Win32 environments, as well unix as a full development environment.
- Shell Overview - A high-level examination of the Unix shell.
- Freshmeat: Wapsh - A shell allowing logins to a Unix system from a operating systems WAP enabled cellular phone.
- comp.unix.shell FAQ - Plain-text FAQ with newsgroup links.
- Last File Manager - A Midnight Commander clone written by a hobbyist operating systems in unix Python. [Open Source, GPL]
MySQL - Cache Direct