Scripting Microsoft Knowledge Base Articles Batch Languages
Summary of, and instructions on, how to log events from a batch file in Windows NT 3.x and 4.0 using Logevent.exe.
Top: Computers: Software: Operating Systems: x86: DOS: Programming: Languages: Batch: Microsoft Knowledge Base Articles: Scripting
- How to Use CACLS.EXE in a Batch File - 135268 - A short description of how to use cacls.exe batch in a batch file for all forms of batch Windows NT and Windows 2000.
- How to Hide the Logon Script Dialog Box on a Windows Client - 176197 - Describes how to hide the dialog box indicating that a login script is running.
- How to Use the Cusrmgr.exe Tool to Change Administrator Account Password on Multiple Computers - 272530 - Describes some of the command line parameters for cusrmgr.exe.
- AddUsers Automates Creation of a Large Number of Users - 199878 - Described the command line parameters for the addusers.exe microsoft knowledge base articles tool. This tool is used to make create, microsoft knowledge base articles modify, or delete users on a Windows system.
- How to Replace Currently Locked Files with Inuse.exe - 228930 - Describes how to use the inuse.exe utility to batch replace files that are marked as "in use" batch by the operating system.
- Using Batch Files to Automate Networking Tasks - 173529 - This article demonstrates a few ways to use Windows NT command extensions in conjunction with Windows NT Resource Kit utilities within batch files to automate common networking tasks.
- REM Does Not Prevent Parsing of FOR Statement in Batch File - 155572 - Describes how to prevent commented-out FOR statements in batch files batch from generating errors.
- Error Level 2 Returned on DELETE Command When No Files Found - 158358 - The DELETE command returns an error level of batch 0 for a successful operation. However, beginning with batch Windows NT 4.0, DELETE returns an error level batch of 2 if it finds no files to batch delete.
- Environment Variables Not Set by "Double-Click" Or Available in Another Command Window - 263105 - Describes how to use the setx utility to scripting create and batch change environment variables in all virtual scripting machine instances.
- How to Produce a List of Users and SIDs - 177077 - This article describes how to produce a sorted batch list of Windows NT user names and their batch corresponding Security Identifiers (SIDs).
- How to Run a Batch File Before Logging on to Your Computer - 243486 - Describes how to use the autoexnt service to schedule execution microsoft knowledge base articles of batch files or scripts at Windows startup.
- Automating PPTP Connection Via ISP Connection - 173527 - Describes how to automate VPN connections over dialup using the rasdial utility.
- Alternative Solution to Obtain a MAP ROOT Share - 168918 - Described commands needed to share each users\' home batch directory.
- How to Use Logevent.exe to Log Events From a Batch File - 131008 - Summary of, and instructions on, how to log microsoft knowledge base articles events from a batch file in Windows NT microsoft knowledge base articles 3.x and 4.0 using Logevent.exe.
- "Not Recognized" Error Using PKZIP.EXE with Ampersand (&) Switch - 130893 - Includes a summary, cause and workaround for how scripting to fix this error in Windows NT 3.x.
- Undocumented CACLS: Group Permissions Capabilities - 162786 - Describes CACLS, a command-line tool used to display microsoft knowledge base microsoft knowledge base articles articles or modify access control lists associated with directories microsoft knowledge microsoft knowledge base articles base articles or files.
- Problems Running Batch Files Through Scheduler Service - 142432 - Addresses resolutions to problems encountered when running batch files via microsoft knowledge base articles the scheduling service. Addressed issues include missing environment variables and microsoft knowledge base articles CALL statements not returning.
- Command Processor May Not Parse Excessive Arguments Properly - 259622 - A fix to address systems hangs when parsing microsoft knowledge base batch articles long environment strings.
- How to Produce a List of Workstations and the Last Logged On User - 260324 - A batch file to produce a text file batch containing the scripting name of each computer in a batch domain and the last scripting user who logged into batch each computer.
- Access Violation in Cmd.exe in Long Batch Files Using "FOR /F" - 250998 - Describes how to resolve memory access errors that microsoft knowledge base articles may be ecnountered when running batch files for microsoft knowledge base articles a long period of time.
- Automating Updates to Local Groups on Member Servers - 180546 - Batch files can be used to remotely add batch user accounts microsoft knowledge base articles to local groups on all computers batch running Windows NT or microsoft knowledge base articles Windows 2000 in a batch domain environment.
MySQL - Cache Direct