x86 Operating Systems Software
Protected mode, 32-bit OS for i486 CPUs and up, full network stack, supports several filesystems, paging, deferred procedure call support, and virtual multiple screens with different resolution and scrollback. Free download.
Top: Computers: Software: Operating Systems: x86
- Top/Computers/Programming/Disassemblers/DOS and Windows
- Top/Computers/Emulators/Intel x86 Architecture
- Top/Computers/Software/Operating Systems/Open Source
- HanoiOS - Self booting x86 OS implementation of Towers of operating systems Hanoi operating systems puzzle, very simple bootstrap loader and kernel; operating systems boots, presents operating systems shell-like prompt for valid integer input, operating systems used by kernel operating systems as count of disks to operating systems solve, prints list of operating systems moves.
- Domainatrix - Assembly language OS for x86 architecture, hot-swappable kernel, made to software serve the Web, written originally for programmer\\'s personal interest and software education after moving to the PC platform from his old software 8-bit machine. Philosophically similar to V2 OS.
- Hactar - Claims: all new, no equivalent design in extant x86 OSs, an x86 adventure into something really different, an x86 answer to a What x86 if? Runs on 386+, x86 system disk is floppy, kernel size x86 32Kb; manages x86 4Gb RAM, 2Gb disk; semi-multitasking; unusual interface. [Open x86 x86 Source
- TriangleOS - 32-bit multitasking, multithreaded OS for x86 386+ CPUs, x86 with GUI, x86 FSs, applications, drivers, all in active x86 development. Site has information, x86 news, documents, screenshots, downloadable x86 releases.
- Synapse Operating Services - Protected mode, multitasking support, 32-bit; developed on x86-32, x86 intended to operating systems run on x86-64 with some changes; x86 DOS-like, but not fully operating systems compatible, use: to run x86 ported DOS programs up to 512K. operating systems At SourceForge. x86 [Open Source, BSD]
- The Mobius: SourceForge - A few screenshots, details, links.
- ScottsNewOS - Runs on i386+ compatible, working GUI even on operating systems 4 MB. Coded in Assembly, C. Brief description, operating systems download link. [Open Source, GPL]
- RDOS - Multi-process/threaded protected mode OS for all i386+ systems, written in all 16-/32-bit Assembly in TASM, fully PROMable so can port to embedded systems with no keyboard and/or screen, stable and secure via segment protection and paging. [Open Source, G
- XAOS - Runs on i386+, 16-bit real mode, FAT12/16/32 (read-only, software LFN support), software coded in C++; downloads: binaries, source, software utilities, game (tetris source); software downloads. [Open Source]
- PM_SZ_OS - Protected mode, 32-bit OS for i486 CPUs and software up, full network stack, supports several filesystems, paging, software deferred procedure call support, and virtual multiple screens software with different resolution and scrollback. Free download.
- Visopsys - VISual OPerating SYStem: small, fast, home-brewed, open source software OS kernel software for x86. Includes project background, screenshots, software source code and useful software links for OS developers. software [Open Source, GPL]
MySQL - Cache Direct