Disputed Domain Names
A group of Internet top-level domain (TLD) holders have formed a nonprofit association to prevent what they fear will become a splintered Internet domain naming system.
Top: Computers: Internet: Domain Names: Disputed Domain Names
- Who Owns Fandom - An article discussing the fate of fandom.tv.
- CNet: Judge approves domain name penalty on eReferee - In one of the broadest crackdowns ever issued against a disputed domain names domain name holder, a federal judge orders eReferee.com to stop disputed domain names using the word referee in all of its domain names. disputed domain names By Lisa M. Bowman.
- CNN: New Group Formed to Resolve Domain Conflicts - A group of Internet top-level domain (TLD) holders internet have formed domain names a nonprofit association to prevent what internet they fear will become domain names a splintered Internet domain internet naming system.
- Trademark Protection on the Internet in for Non Top-Level Domains Used as Top-level Domains - Overview of trademark protection for country code domain disputed domain names domain names names marketed as alternatives to top level domains.
- Large-Scale Registration of Domains with Typographical Errors - A case study documenting over 5000 registrations by notorious cybersquatter John Zuccarini. Most are typographic variations on well-known names, most provide sexually-explicit content and popups, and some are variants on sites typically used by children.
- EFF Wins Partial Victory in Ford Case - Press release on dismissal of trademark claims against internet jaguarcenter.com, jaguarentusiastsclub.com, domain names vintagevolvo.com, and others, and denying "in internet rem" jurisdiction.
- World Domain Rights - Information about Leonardo and etoy disputes, links to resources to internet fight unfriendly take-overs.
- National Arbitration Forum: Domain Dispute - Instructions on filing complaints or responses, details of specific dispute domain names resolution services, and an archive of past decisions.
- Register: Reuters Cybersquats on Man's Domain - Article about Reuters\\' refusal to relinquish reters.com to internet Mr. Stanley internet Reters. By Kieren McCarthy.
- Nissan Motor vs. Nissan Computer - nissan.com and nissan.net domain dispute between Nissan Motor domain names and Nissan Computer
- Typosquatters Turn Flubs Into Cash - An article on typosquatting - capitalizing on mistyped disputed domain names disputed domain names names.
- In Fights Over .Com Names, Trademark Owners Usually Win - Researchers analyzing an arbitration system set up to internet resolve disputes over Internet addresses have found that internet decisions made through the system have substantially broadened internet the rights of trademark holders in cyberspace. [NY internet Times]
- Register: Kevin Spacey Loses Pivotal Cybersquatting Court Case - "Movie actor Kevin Spacey has lost a landmark disputed domain names court battle over ownership of www.kevinspacey.com." By Kieren disputed domain names McCarthy.
- kuro5hin: Using of a Nickname and Websites Sued Because of Three Matching Letters - A boy in Belgium, Europe with the nick "zkboi" has disputed domain names been sued at June, 11, 2001 by Zurcher Kantonal Bank disputed domain names (ZKB) to pay up to 2000US$ and 250US$/day for using disputed domain names his nickname on the Internet.
- Slashdot: AOL Threatens Peng, Demands Domain Handover - News of America Online demanding the pengaol.org domain domain names name disputed domain names and reader comments.
- Asian Domain Name Dispute Resolution Centre - Hong Kong-based dispute resolution institute offers a procedural internet guide for claims filed by trademark owners. Includes internet an index of decisions made in each of internet its three branches.
- World Intellectual Piracy Organization - ICANN and WIPO - Important Warning
- kuro5hin: New York State Is Taking Away My Domain Name - New York State Fair disputes Scott Brady's NYSFair.com.
- NAF Decision: Referee Enterprises Inc vs. Planet Ref. Inc - Text of decision to transfer eReferee.com, .org, and .net from Planet Ref, Inc. to Referee magazine.
- Register: Choc giant heavies 'kinder' charity - Ferrero wants to protect its brand in cyberspace, disputed domain names disputed domain names as Austrian kids\\' charity kinder.at recently discovered. Concerned disputed domain names disputed domain names that the organisation has taken the little-known German disputed domain names disputed domain names word kinder (children) as its domain name, Ferrero disputed domain names disputed domain names has run whining to WIPO. By Les
- Shame On The AFMA - Documents the failed attempt by the American Film domain names Marketing internet Association to seize the domain name afm.com domain names (American Flea internet Market).
- Chilling Effects Clearinghouse: Domain Names and Trademarks - FAQs and advice on how to defend against claims of domain name trademark infringement and other legal scare tactics, compiled by students at the Berkman Center for Internet and Society at Harvard Law School.
MySQL - Cache Direct