GNOME Desktop Environments Graphic Subsystems Operating Systems
GNOME is a graphical environment for the Linux operating system. "GNOME stands for GNU Network Object Model Environment. The GNOME project intends to build a complete, user-friendly desktop based entirely on free software. GNOME is part of the GNU project, and it is free software compliant with the OpenSource(tm) definition. The desktop will consist of small utilities and larger applications which share a consistent look and feel. GNOME uses GTK+ as the GUI toolkit for all GNOME-compliant applications." www.gnome.org
Top: Computers: Software: Operating Systems: Graphic Subsystems: Desktop Environments: GNOME
- Top/Computers/Software/Operating Systems/Graphic Subsystems/Toolkits/Gtk
- Top/Computers/Software/Operating Systems/Graphic Subsystems/Desktop Environments/KDE
- Top/Computers/Software/Operating Systems/Linux/Projects
- Top/Computers/Software/Operating Systems/Graphic Subsystems/Toolkits
The GNOME Project - GNU Object Model Environment: Building a full, user-friendly desktop for Unix operating systems, based entirely on free software. Will consist of small utilities and larger applications which share a consistent look and feel. GNOME is part of the GNU proj
- The GNOME Development Site - Information about current projects, developer news, documentation, and desktop environments information on how to get involved.
- GNOME News - Good place for a little Gnome history.
- gecco - GNOME Extensible Configuration COnsole, goal: to provide central desktop environments location to access system administration functions within GNOME desktop environments environment.
- CyGNOME - Cygwin + GNOME, port of GNOME desktop to gnome Microsoft Windows, gnome using Cygwin (Red Hat) Unix environment gnome as porting tool and gnome running environment. Descriptions, documents, gnome news, screenshots, downloads, links.
- Red Hat Advanced Development Laboratories - Firm\'s division where people are paid to work on GNOME.
- Computerworld: Unix vendors adopt Gnome desktop - Desktop Linux gained momentum as vendors including Red gnome Hat, Hewlett-Packard, desktop environments IBM, Compaq Sun and VA Linux gnome Systems joined to form desktop environments the Gnome Foundation.
- Express - An open source web browser. It is part of the Gnome project, and requires the gtk-XmHTML widget.
- GNOME-DB - Full suite of libraries/applications allowing easy access to gnome wide range of database systems by making use gnome of abilities in CORBA for communicating between separated gnome modules. CORBA implementation used is ORBit, the GNOME gnome Project ORB.
- ORBit - A high-performance, lightweight CORBA ORB aiming for CORBA 2.2 compliance desktop environments (ORBit1) and 2.4 compliance (ORBit2).
MySQL - Cache Direct