APL Languages Programming
APL is a high-productivity computing tool which is concise, has a consistent mathematical foundation, is intrinsically an array processing language, and has been developed over a period of more than 30 years. It is distinguished by its simple and consistent rules, a large set of built-in capabilities, powerful facilities for defining new operations, and a general and systematic treatment of arrays. Major APL users include financial institutions, insurance companies, engineers, scientists, mathematicians and teachers. Applications for which it is used range from pure mathematics through engineering calculations and on to free-form text retrieval.
Top: Computers: Programming: Languages: APL
- Top/Computers/Programming/Languages/Garbage Collected/Procedural
- Top/Computers/Parallel Computing/Programming/Languages
- Why APL? - Anonymous essay from 1983 published by ACM SIGAPL, programming which explains programming the strengths of the APL approach programming to algorithm design.
- JimW's APL Information - An overview of APL, information on getting started, apl and a apl large collection of APL articles and apl references.
- About APL - A brief primer for APL, A Programming Language. Includes a description, comparison with other early programming languages, and code examples.
- APL Description - A brief description and chronology of the APL languages programming language, by Jan Bakker. Includes code languages examples and references.
- APL Programming Language - Growing article, with links to many related topics. [Wikipedia]
- Hello, World Program - Several variants written in APL.
MySQL - Cache Direct