Open Source Object-Oriented Operating Systems Software
Lightweight, very modular component-based, multitasking, embedded OS; developed, used for many research projects. Goal: manage fast data streams in multimedia environments; for speed and low overhead has zero copy architecture: passes pointer references t
Top: Computers: Software: Operating Systems: Object-Oriented: Open Source
- Top/Computers/Software/Operating Systems/Realtime/Open Source
- Top/Computers/Software/Operating Systems/Open Source
- Top/Computers/Software/Operating Systems/Submicrokernel
- Top/Computers/Software/Operating Systems/Open Source/Research
- Top/Computers/Software/Operating Systems/Network/Open Source
- Top/Computers/Software/Operating Systems/Microkernel/Open Source
- leJOS - Tiny Java OS for Lego RCX brick. Like object-oriented its predecessor open source TinyVM, has tiny Java runtime, under object-oriented 32K; works as replacement open source firmware for Lego; Hitachi object-oriented H8300 processor. To be ported to open source more small object-oriented devices. [Open Source, Mozilla]
- The Evolution of OS Design - Object Operating System, OOS, pronounced ooze; goal: create operating systems new object-oriented OS architecture, which uses filesystem to do operating systems many jobs object-oriented usually done via various means. Design operating systems philosophy inspired by object-oriented Unix, Plan 9, but does operating systems many things uniquely, trades object-oriented compatibility for simp
- Trion Development Portal - Goal: create modern 32/64-bit OS, based on ideas operating systems of operating systems object-orientation, nanokernel; coded in C++, C and operating systems Assembly where operating systems needed. Open source, BSD.
- GNUstep.org - Official site of GNUstep: free implementation of NeXTStep/OpenStep operating systems specification.
- Mungi - Orthogonally persistent, capability-based secure SASOS using L4 2nd generation microkernel. Goals: Prove SASOSs can run on normal hardware, be as secure as normal OSs; can be as efficient as, and are faster than, normal OSs in some important uses; can be
- RCOSjava - Tool designed to teach inner workings of operating operating systems systems: open source simple animated simulated OS and hardware coded operating systems in Java. open source RCOS successor.
- Odiseo Desktop - Multitasking environment, written in Java, for all Java programs, can object-oriented execute many Java applications in unique virtual machine. Descriptions, screenshots, object-oriented downloads. [Open Source, GPL]
- PublicOS - Plugin-based architecture: if a feature is unneeded, don\\'t object-oriented download it or waste storage; Linux and Windows object-oriented compatible; GUI driven, fully skinable to alter its object-oriented look; includes voice recognition, interactive help system. [Open object-oriented Source]
- AtomsNet - Modular object-oriented application to index files across networks. Has plug-in type data retrieval system, webserver, peer-to-peer connections for network-wide information gathering, retrieval; has features of OSs, database management systems, distribute
- JOS: Java Operating System - Collaborative undertaking by an international group of Java object-oriented programmers and open source enthusiasts to create free Java OS. object-oriented [Open Source]
- Sanos - Minimal OS kernel for PC based server appliances. operating systems Lets you run java server applications without need operating systems to install host OS, only need normal Java operating systems HotSpot VM and Sanos. Description, documents, downloads, manifesto, operating systems links, contact. [Open Source, BSD]
- ROME - Lightweight, very modular component-based, multitasking, embedded OS; developed, used for object-oriented many research projects. Goal: manage fast data streams in multimedia object-oriented environments; for speed and low overhead has zero copy architecture: object-oriented passes pointer references t
- JX Ltd. - Makes JX OS: set of Java components executes object-oriented on core doing system initialization, CPU context switching, object-oriented low-level domain management; code organized as components loaded object-oriented into domains, verified, translated to native code; protection object-oriented based on type safety of
- GO! - Component-based OS, runs natively on i80386+ based PCs. object-oriented Has novel protection mechanism allowing more OS decomposition object-oriented and high performance: protection overheads almost 1,000 times object-oriented less than normal OSs. [Open Source, GPL]
- O3ONE - Object-oriented OS uses best parts of VMS, Unix, Windows NT. open source Almost everything in kernel is an object (threads, processes, devices, open source files, event flags, more) to which one can assign logical open source names. [Open Source]
- x-kernel - Object-based framework to implement network protocols; defines an operating systems interface object-oriented that protocols use to invoke operations on operating systems one another object-oriented (i.e., to send messages to and operating systems receive messages from object-oriented adjacent protocols) and a set operating systems of libraries to manipulate object-oriented messages, part
- JNode - Goals: all Java OS, flat memory model, for object-oriented personal use, operating systems simple to use and install, any object-oriented Java applications to run operating systems on it fast and object-oriented safe. Descriptions, documents, screenshots, downloads. Open operating systems Source, LGPL.
- Trinary - Modern object-orientated microkernel, focus: flexibility and functionality, instead open source of open source speed and compatibility. Coded in C. Description, open source downloads. [Open open source Source, GPL]
MySQL - Cache Direct